DMET 706 Advanced Media Lab

Announcements

UX Lecture

The labs starting from Tuesday, November 21st, 2017, and up to Monday, November 27th, 2017, are cancelled. They will be compensated in a single lecture that will take place on Sunday, November 26th, 2017, in H15, during the 4th and 5th slots. Note that attendance will be taken during the lecture instead of the labs. A quiz on the delivered content will be held at the end of the lecture, and will be counted as one of the five in-class assignments (we’ll only take the best 2 out of the 5). It’s important that you understand the content of the lecture because you’ll be required to have (and will be graded on having) a reasonable UI/UX in your submitted mobile application for Milestone 3. If you have any problems with the timing of the lecture, let me know ASAP to resolve them before it’s too late.

Makeup Evaluations

For those of you who didn't do well during the evaluations, you can request for a makeup evaluation by submitting this form: https://goo.gl/forms/h10ibsRwPMYziK8Z2. Note that requesting a makeup evaluation will shift the project's grade (after a 15% deduction) to the grade of the final evaluation; i.e. any grades that you got in the evaluation of Milestone 1&2 will be ignored, and only the grade that you get in the final evaluation will be used for your whole project's grade. You'll be evaluated on both Golang (35%) and either iOS or Android depending on your submitted mobile application (35%). This means that the maximum grade that you’ll be able to receive for the whole project will be cut down to 70% instead of 85% because of the 15% deduction (excluding the bonus). Think carefully before requesting a makeup evaluation. You'll be asked to sign a hard copy of the form during the evaluation as a proof of your consent. The deadline for submitting the form is on Monday, December 4th, at 11:59 PM.

Milestone 3

M3 is now posted. Make sure to read the milestone description document very carefully because it’s full of important details. Deadline is on Monday, December 4th, 2017 at 11:59 PM. Good luck!

Upcoming Events

Monday, December 04, 2017

Milestone 3 Deadline

Project

Latest Material

Course Staff

Teaching assistant

Course Meetings

Lab

  • On Saturday 2nd slot , for DMET 20 in C6.209
  • On Saturday 3rd slot , for DMET 20 in C6.209
  • On Tuesday 1st slot , for DMET 19 in C7.201
  • On Tuesday 2nd slot , for DMET 19 in C7.201
RenewSession